Welcome to OnlyGamers!
OnlyGamers.net builds services that enable people to connect with each other, build communities, and grow businesses. These Terms govern your use of OnlyGamers features, apps, services, technologies, and software we offer (the OnlyGamers Products or Products), except where we expressly state that separate terms (and not these) apply. These Products are provided to you by OnlyGamers.
We don’t charge you to use OnlyGamers or the other products and services covered by these Terms. Instead, businesses and organizations pay us to show you ads for their products and services. By using our Products, you agree that we can show you ads that we think will be relevant to you and your interests. We use your personal data to help determine which ads to show you.
We don’t sell your personal data to advertisers!
Who can use OnlyGamers
When people stand behind their opinions and actions, our community is safer and more accountable. For this reason, you must:
- Use your timeline for personal purposes only.
- Use Groups for (non) personal purposes only: Your favorite games, game business, questions about games, strategies about games, specific game discussion. We accept no groups about your personal life, we will remove these!
- Not share your password, give access to your OnlyGamers account to others, or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
We try to make OnlyGamers broadly to everyone, but you cannot use OnlyGamers if:
- If you are under legal age! you need a parent or guardian determine whether you can join this website.
- You are a convicted sex offender.
- We’ve previously disabled your account.
- You are prohibited from receiving our products, services, or software under applicable laws.
What you can share and do on OnlyGamers
We want people to use OnlyGamers to express themselves and to share (game) content that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
You may not use our Products to do or share anything:
- That breaches these Terms, our Community Standards, and other terms and policies that apply to your use of OnlyGamers.
- That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent.
- That infringes or breaches someone else’s rights, including their intellectual property rights.
- You may not upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of our Products.
- You may not access or collect data from our Products using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data you do not have permission to access.
- We can remove or block content that is in breach of these provisions. If we remove content that you have shared for violation of our Community Standards we’ll let you know and explain why we remove the content.
The permissions you give us
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
Permission to use content you create and share: Some content that you share or upload, such as photos or videos, may be protected by intellectual property laws.
You own the intellectual property rights (things like copyright or trademarks) in any such content that you create and share on OnlyGamers and the other OnlyGamers Company Products you use. Nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want.
However, to provide our services we need you to give us some legal permissions (known as a ‘license’) to use this content. This is solely for the purposes of providing and improving our Products and services.
Specifically, when you share, post, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). This means, for example, that if you share a photo on OnlyGamers, you give us permission to store, copy, and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings) such as service providers that support our service or other OnlyGamers Products you use. This license will end when your content is deleted from our systems. You can delete content individually or all at once by deleting your account. Learn more about how to delete your account.
When you delete content, it’s no longer visible to other users, however it may continue to exist elsewhere on our systems where:
immediate deletion is not possible due to technical limitations (in which case, your content will be deleted within a maximum of 90 days from when you delete it);
your content has been used by others in accordance with this license and they have not deleted it (in which case this license will continue to apply until that content is deleted); or
where immediate deletion would restrict our ability to:
investigate or identify illegal activity or violations of our terms and policies (for example, to identify or investigate misuse of our Products or systems);
comply with a legal obligation, such as the preservation of evidence; or
comply with a request of a judicial or administrative authority, law enforcement or a government agency;
in which case, the content will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it has been retained (the exact duration will vary on a case-by-case basis).
In each of the above cases, this license will continue until the content has been fully deleted.
Updating our Terms
We work constantly to improve our services and develop new features to make our Products better for you and our community. As a result, we may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices. We will only make any changes if the provisions are no longer appropriate or if they are incomplete, and only if the changes are reasonable and take due account of your interests.
We hope that you will continue using our Products, but if you do not agree to our updated Terms and no longer want to be a part of the OnlyGamers community, you can delete your account at any time.
This document was last updated on December 27, 2020